Our mission is to save the lives of homeless, unwanted, sick, and injured cats and to work with our community to provide feline expertise and quality programs and services for people and cats.
The Cat Adoption Team (CAT) was founded in May 1998 as a safe haven for unwanted and abandoned cats and kittens. In 2004, CAT incorporated as a public charity and was approved as a 501(c)(3) federal tax-exempt organization. Today, CAT is the Pacific Northwest’s largest nonprofit, adoption guarantee cat shelter. We are committed to finding a home for every cat we take in.
Because adopting a cat or kitten, or any other pet, is a serious decision, CAT has a team of adoption counselors trained to assist you with finding a feline companion that is likely to be a good fit for your household. They will help you get to know the cats and kittens for adoption, answer questions, and provide information about cat behavior and care.
To adopt a cat or kitten:
• Meet the cats and kittens in-person prior to adoption or hold
• Allow 1-2 hours for your visit
• Complete adopter profile form
• Meet with an adoption counselor, agree to adoption policies, and sign adoption contract
• Children under 16 must be accompanied by adult at all times
• Must be 18 years or older and provide proof of residence in order to adopt
• Check your lease or renter’s policies prior to visiting CAT; landlord approval may be requested for renters
For more information about CAT's adoption policies and fees, please visit our website at: catadoptionteam.org/adopt/policies
day hours Monday Closed Tuesday 12 PM - 7 PM Wednesday 12 PM - 7 PM Thursday 12 PM - 7 PM Friday 12 PM - 7 PM Saturday 12 PM - 6 PM Sunday 12 PM - 6 PM