Great Pyrs and Paws Rescue exists to save and care for Great Pyrenees in need of loving homes. Our mission is to promote compassion and kindness for this incredible breed, while ensuring each and every Pyr that needs care and shelter will receive it.
Adult Dog Adoption Requirements:
All our dogs require secure VISIBLE fencing. All current pets in adoptive home must be spayed/neutered and up to date on vaccinations.
We do not adopt to families with children under 6 years old.
Puppy Adoption Requirements:
OUR REQUIREMENTS FOR PUPPY ADOPTION:
1) PUPPIES WILL ONLY BE PLACED IN HOMES THAT HAVE AT LEAST ONE MEDIUM TO LARGE YOUTHFUL, PLAYFUL RESIDENT DOG that is age 1 or older. This helps integrate the dog into your household easier by giving the pup a mentor.
2) These puppies are not livestock dogs. They must be family pets that are allowed inside the home.
3) In addition to the youthful playful dog, someone must also be home at least part of the day. Please do not apply for a puppy if you are gone 8+ hours a day.
4) We give preference to applicants with prior Great Pyrenees knowledge/experience.
5) Secure and visible fencing required.
6) You must have a plan in place to socialize your puppy properly.
7) Please do NOT write us and ask if this puppy is available. If it is posted, it is available. However, we may be working other applications that came in before yours. If so, by the time you are approved, the puppy may not be available.