If you'd like to meet one of our dogs the first step is to fill out an adoption application so we can get to know you better. We do not have a shelter facility and all of our dogs are in private foster homes.
Agave Dogs rescues adoptable, homeless dogs from areas overwhelmed with pet overpopulation and finds them loving, permanent homes in Oregon and Washington. We assist dogs at risk for euthanasia in high kill shelters in California and Texas.
* Adopters must live in Oregon or Washington.
1. Complete an adoption application and we will review it and contact you. We primarily contact adopters Friday-Sunday. We are volunteer run and most of us work a normal day job and do rescue work in our free time.
2. If your application seems like a good match for the dog you are applying to adopt, we will call you to talk more about the dog you're interested in.
3. We provide you the foster home's contact information and you set up a time to go and visit the dog you're interested in.
4. If you decide to proceed with the adoption, we have you complete our Adoption Contract and pay the adoption fee.
5. We drop our dogs off at their new homes to make sure all is well.
6. We email you the dog's vet records and microchip information.