The mission of the Wayne County Humane Society is to provide compassion to the animals entrusted to our care, to measurably reduce companion animal overpopulation, and to take a leadership role in educating and promoting humane values.
1. Submit an adoption application in person or at www.wchs.org/adoption-application
2. Wait to hear from us. We will normally contact you within one business day of receiving your application. During especially busy times, we may not contact you. In that case, the animal you applied for is on hold for or was adopted by another applicant.
3. If your application is approved, the animal can be placed on "hold" for you for two business days. No one else will be able to adopt the animal during that time.
4. If you decide to adopt, you must agree to the terms of our adoption contract and pay the adoption fee.
5. Take your forever friend home that day! Congratulations on adopting a shelter pet!