Tender Loving Cats, Inc is an all volunteer, not-for-profit 501c3, no-kill feline rescue, concentrating on reducing Long Island's community cat population.
Adoption Donation Fees:
$100 Adult Cat 1+ years and up
$75 Senior Cat 7+ years and up
1. Adoption fees are a donation toward the medical treatment, spay/neuter and daily care of preparing and maintaining a cat/kitten for adoption. Tender Loving Cats, Inc. does not sell animals.
2. All cat/kitten(s) are tested negative for feline leukemia (FeLV), all age appropriate vaccines including 1st year distemper boosters & rabies vaccines are provided by TLC at a vet of our choosing, cat/kitten(s) are fully dewormed, flea treated, spayed/neutered & microchipped.
3. All cats and kittens adopted from Tender Loving Cats, Inc. are spayed/neutered prior to adoption as a part of our mission to reduce the numbers of homeless cats and kittens on Long Island. All kittens available for pre-adoption will be spayed/neutered prior to adoption.
4. Since we are a foster based rescue we require that you be an approved applicant before meeting the cat/kitten(s) in foster homes. We also have some of our cat/kitten(s) available to meet today at our PetSmart Charities Adoption Centers located at 1208 Deer Park Ave, N. Babylon, NY and 535 Montauk Hwy, W. Babylon. We have volunteers there Mon-Sat 9-11am & 6-8pm, Sunday 9-11am & 4-6pm. The location of each cat/kitten is written in their description on PetFinder.
5. Complete our adoption application. Ensure that you see a green check mark that says “successfully submitted” and receive a copy of your application to your email. If not, your application may not have been received.
6. After the adoption application is submitted you should hear from our adoption committee within as soon as possible for an interview. We like to process applications within 24hrs from the time of interview as long as all references can be reached.
7. A FaceTime/Zoom walkthrough of your home starting from the outside going inside is required. Long distance deliveries will be considered on a case by case basis.
8. When choosing the purrfect cat/kitten for your household remember to choose a personality that fits your household over looks. Ask yourself the following questions - Do you have a quiet or busy household? Is it important that a cat or kitten be raised with other cats, dogs or young children?
?See “Preparing for Adoption".
9. Please note that single kitten adoptions will not be allowed to go home until 12wks of age and already spayed/neutered & microchipped. If you're a local approved applicant and interested in adopting a pair of kittens, they may be able to go home to you at 8 weeks of age to "foster with intent to adopt". You will be required to sign a foster agreement and bring to out veterinarian for their spay/neuter, booster vaccines & microchip. All applicants approved for kittens under the age of 12 weeks will sign a pre-adoption agreement and pay a 50% deposit. See #5 on “Preparing for Adoption”.
10. We do not allow potential adopters to bring current cats or dogs to meet the cats or kittens for adoption face to face. Newly adopted cat/kitten(s) require a slow introduction over a minimum of 2 weeks.
Tender Loving Cats, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization staffed entirely by volunteers who are committed to serving the best interest of the animals in its care. We therefore reserve the right to select the home that best meets the needs of each animal up for adoption. Tender Loving Cats, Inc. reserves the right to deny any application.
• For more information email -email@example.com or call/text