Open Arms Rescue of WNY is a small, grass roots type of rescue group. We are comprised of all volunteer, non-paid members who have all been involved in rescue for years. These members include a certified dog trainer, local business owners, community members and loving foster families who all share a common goal.
Our mission is to save our 4-legged friends from either locally unwanted situations, or from pounds and shelters to place them into loving forever homes. We are a non-profit organization with federal 501c3 status and funded solely on donations and fundraising. OARWNY is a 100% pro spay/neuter rescue.
1. Submit an application! Please read carefully. If there is missing information on your application, we will not proceed with the review.
2. After your application is submitted, call your vet to release records for us to obtain a reference. We will verify proof of spay/neuter and that your pet has been kept up to date with a minimum requirement of Rabies and DHPP vaccinations for any pet you've owned in the last 5 years.
3. After your application is submitted, email email@example.com with current photos of your home's inside living space AND front and back yards for us to have on file with your application. A volunteer will verify your home is ready for a new pet at the home visit/meet & greet.
4. When you receive an email that you are approved to adopt, you will be contacted by the foster to set up a meet & greet with you and all current pets/family members in the household.
5. Sign the contract to officially adopt your new family member and love them furever! Keep in touch and send us updates!