Vegas Shepherd Rescue is the only German Shepherd Rescue in Clark County. We are an official 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization!
The Encarta Dictionary defines rescue as; to prevent something from being discarded or rejected. With this definition in mind, the Vegas Shepherd Rescue was founded and is committed to rescuing and caring for abandoned, surrendered and abused dogs. We think of this commitment as a privilege and are passionate about sheltering and comforting our rescued friends.
Vegas Shepherd Rescue (VSR) is not comprised of any one or two individuals but rather an all-volunteer group of dedicated individuals from all walks of life who share a common bond, caring for dogs.
We fly under the banner of the German Shepherd breed but it is our goal to lessen the pain and hurt for all neglected dogs. We realize that we can’t save all dogs from abuse and neglect but we are never going to turn our backs on the ones we can save, comfort and find loving forever home.
Thanks for caring from all of us at VSR!
Our Adoption Requirements
1 .Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
2. We do not adopt to those out of state/local area where a home visit cannot be performed.
3, Once you SUBMIT your application, you should receive an automated message confirming our receipt. If you do NOT receive this message, we did NOT receive your application. If you do receive the automated message and do NOT receive a personalized response within 48 hours, please forward the automated message to email tammy@vegasdogrescue and advise us. Occasionally, we experience technical difficulties with particular email extensions.
4. Our personalized response will outline the entire process and fees. You need to submit only one application – it is NOT dog specific.
5. A ‘home visit’ will be done prior to the final adoption of any of our wonderful, loving companions.
6. Our adoption fee covers; spay/neuter, vaccines, micro-chip, and fecal exams. Additionally, PetFirst Insurance provides 30 days FREE insurance with activation upon adoption and our trainer will provide a one hour, in home consultation upon request.
7. Our goal is to find furever homes for our orphans. However, VSR reserves the right to refuse anyone to adopt.