We are a 501c3, non-profit all cat rescue organization located in Northern New Jersey, that is focused primarily on the rescue of purebred and specialty breed cats.
Adopting a cat from Fancy Felines For Adoption;
1. If you see a cat that is posted on petfinder.com, they are still available for adoption (or may have an adoption pending) Please do not email us asking if a cat on this website is still available. If you're interested in the cat, simply complete our adoption application.
2. We have limited staff to manage the amount of adoption inquiries and individual questions we receive on all of our adoptable cats and therefore we do not respond to emails or phone calls about the cats posted unless there is an adoption application sent in first.
3. If you want to explore options about adopting a cat from us, or have questions about a cat seen online, please complete our adoption application first. We review applications on a first come, first serve basis. It may take 3-5 business days for us to respond to your application. We will not respond to your application if we have either; found an adopter, or believe your home/situation is not the best fit for the cat. Our goal is to insure the highest possibility of a successful adoption that lasts the cat's entire lifetime.
**Please be sure to check your spam or junk email folders for our response to you as many of our response emails are sent here!!
Please complete the adoption application which can be found on our website;
4. Once an application is reviewed and accepted, we set up a meet and greet (virtually) so that you can see the cat(s) with their current foster parent. We do our best to show you the cat's personality, temperament, likes and dislikes so that we all can determine if it is the right fit.
5. If you decide you want to proceed with the adoption of the cat(s) we will contact your references and do a background check to insure our cats are going to a safe and loving home. We do currently ask for a virtual tour or photos of your home prior to adoption while in person home visits are on hold.