Canines for Service
Empowering people with disabilities to achieve greater independence and enhanced quality of life through the services of specially trained assistance dogs.
Canines or Service requires a "Change or Career" Application as well as a Pet Placement Agreement.
Wavier of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement for Adoption of Canines for Service Inc. Released Dog
1. In consideration for being allowed to adopt ______________________________, I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO HOLD RESPONSIBLE Canines for Service Inc., The State of North Carolina their officers, agents, servants, or employees (hereinafter referred to as RELEASEES) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, including court costs and attorney fees, and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any of the property belonging to me.
2. By adopting said canine I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage of property owned by me, as a result of adopting said canine, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
3. I fully understand this dog cannot be trained or used as a service dog or an emotional support animal for any person with a disability, including the adopter.
4. I also understand the information regarding the health/wellness of the dog is being provided to the best of Canines for Service’s knowledge.
5. I understand that Canines for Service is not a rescue and therefore are not able to take a dog back into the facility more than one-week after adoption. I understand I am responsible for seeking alternative arrangements if I cannot keep the dog.
6. It is my express intent that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO HOLD RESPONSIBLE the above-named RELEASEES. I hereby further agree that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina.
7. IN SIGNING THIS RELEASE, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this Release for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.