Lee Shore is a collective of women with a shared passion for animals. The rescue was founded in 2017 by Paulina Putnam and Alison Shanahan, who had each worked in rescue for a number of years and recognized a need for a rescue that served animals who couldn't be adopted right away. These animals were pregnant, too young, or in need of physical or psychological rehabilitation.
Both Paulina and Alison had her own unique talents. Paulina had successfully rehabilitated many dogs when others had pronounced the case impossible. Alison had a passion for the mothers and babies.
They started Lee Shore with these distinct goals in mind: to bring in those rehab, maternity, and pediatric cases who aren't ready for adoption now, but who can be made ready for life as a companion with the right care.
?This remains our mission. In the three years since our founding, we have saved over four hundred animals, and we hope to continue to grow and fight for the voiceless.
1. Fill out the Adoption Application below.
2. Once your application is approved, you will be informed by a Lee Shore representative. We are happy to arrange meet-and-greets for approved applicants. It is important to us that our animals go to homes that will be good fits for them as well as you. PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATION APPROVAL DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE ANIMAL WILL BE HELD.
3. Go to www.leeshorerescue.com/adopt-now.html to fill out your Adoption Contract. This is a promise to provide proper care for your pet, including making sure it is spayed or neutered either through our rescue for free or using our rebate program, and that in the unlikely event you need to re-home your animal, you will contact Lee Shore first. Our priority is happy, healthy animals for life. If it doesn't work out with you, we want to make sure that your animal is well cared for.
4. Use the Pay My Adoption Fee at www.leeshorerescue.com/adopt-now.html to pay the appropriate adoption fee. ONLY WHEN THE ADOPTION CONTRACT IS FILED AND THE ADOPTION FEE IS PAID IS THE ANIMAL YOURS. UNTIL BOTH CONTRACT AND PAYMENT ARE RECEIVED, NO ANIMAL CAN BE HELD FOR ANY APPROVED APPLICANT. Please note that adoption fees are nonrefundable.
5. Bring your new friend home! Thank you for choosing adoption.