We believe dogs and cats, as well as other creatures, should be treated with kindness and compassion. They feel pain. They hurt, both physically and emotionally, when neglected, abused, or even ignored.
We believe dogs and cats need companionship, and they thrive on positive attention from their owner.
We believe animals have feelings; they know joy and sadness, excitement and boredom, love and hate.
We believe pet ownership brings with it a responsibility to provide for the animal's needs, as well as the responsibility to see that pets do not add to the animal overpopulation problem.
We are willing to help in any way we can in order to improve the quality of animals' lives.
We are committed to the alleviation of animal suffering and to the education of the public in order that animals have the lives they deserve.
In order to be considered as an adopter you must:
• Have a valid driver‘s license
• Have the knowledge and consent of your landlord (if you do not own your home)
• Be financially stable and willing to provide any necessary medical care
• Be able to provide a safe and loving environment for the pet
Our Adoption Process is as follows:
1) If you meet the above criteria, please submit this application by mail, email, or in person during our office hours
2) Wait for response from HSDC volunteer (this may take up to two weeks)
3) Schedule meet-and-greet and home check with foster parent
4) If approved, pay adoption fee (cash or check only) and take pet home!