To get started, please do not email us about a specific bird. Go to www.phoenixlanding.org to learn about our adoption and education programs.
Phoenix Landing is a 501(c)(3) all-volunteer organization dedicated to the welfare of parrots.
Our objectives are to:
* Provide educational activities
* Facilitate adoption for parrots, from parakeets to macaws, because most birds need a succession of good homes
* Help veterinary students interested in avian medicine
* Sponsor research and conservation for wild parrots
* Advocate standards of care for birds
* Build and maintain a sustainable organization
* Ensure that adopted Phoenix Landing birds are physically and legally protected
Understanding the attributes of various parrot species is important. It is also essential to make sure that the personal connection between each individual parrot and the adopting family is just right. We want our families and birds to succeed for many years.
The first step is to send an application, begin talking with us, and attend our educational seminars. Our goal is to help each parrot find stability and the best possible place to call home.
We want to set you and a bird up for success, this is why in most cases we prefer to do a home visit. This usually happens after you join us for a class, and before a bird is placed.