Providing a professional level, animal rescue resource for the veterinary community that focuses on the rescue, care and rehabilitation of wildlife, companion and farm animals in need in our community.
1. Potential adopter reaches out to CARA with initial interest in animal(s) currently available for adoption.
2. An adoption screening application is sent to the potential adopter.
3. After review by the Executive Director or Medical Advisor, the potential adopter will be contacted, via telephone, for a review of the application and direct dialogue with the potential adopter regarding what their expectations and desires are for a potential pet.
4. If successfully approved to move to the next step, the potential adopter would make contact with the foster home where that particular animal is cared for and kept. The foster home would arrange an in-person meet and greet with the potential adopter to assess further the "fit" between the person and animal.
5. A final review of all the above steps would be conducted between the foster care home and the director or medical advisor to make a final determination on adoption approval.
6. The potential adopter would be contacted by CARA with the final decision. If not approved, we will share the basis of that determination, as appropriate. If approved, we would schedule an in-person pick up date and location for transfer of the animal, signing of all adoption contracts and adoption fee collection.