**Be sure to read the full Petfinder listings as a first step. All other application information is on our website at the link below.**
Lend A Helping Paw Shih Tzu Rescue (LAHPSTR) is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) organization. Making a difference one dog at a time! #LAHPSTR
Lending A Helping Paw is our mission.
Lending A Helping Paw is our duty.
Lending A Helping Paw is our purpose.
Our rescue lends a helping paw to small-breed fluffy dogs in need, particularly Shih Tzu and Lhasa Apsos. We primarily rescue the ones who are left behind, including seniors, special needs, behaviorally-challenged dogs, and medical and hospice cases. We are seasoned rescuers with the skills and experience to rehabilitate and train dogs so that they can have a fresh start and a bright future; we call it "a new leash on life". Those dogs who are not readily adoptable stay in our Forever Foster "sanctuary" program for the rest of their natural lives. Our guiding principles are compassion, love and integrity.
~Lending a helping paw for more wagging tails~
All relevant and up-to-date information is at this link:
1. Submit an application at https://www.lahpstr.com/apply to be approved to adopt. Only applicants with a solid history of vetting and responsible pet ownership who pass a home and reference checks will be considered.
2. Applicants must be pre-approved to be paired with a dog.
3. We adopt our dogs to the "best fit" approved adopters.
4. We offer free transport within Continental US by air or road to most approved applicants.
5. No Meet and Greet unless a potential adopter is already approved.
6. If you are looking for a fast turnaround, our rescue may not be the right fit for you since our adoption process is involved.
7. We prefer proactive and committed potential applicants who do their research and take the time to get to know our organization and our dogs. We strongly encourage following us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates and to interact with our volunteers.