Please take a few moments to read the following explanation of our adoption policies and the steps that make up the adoption process. It is important that potential adoptees understand two things:
1. The process is the same for everyone; and
2. It is not our intent to frustrate you,
rather, everything we do is for the best interests of the cats in our care, and is aimed at giving them the best possible chance at finding a permanent home.
The procedure is as follows:
1. Potential adopters are asked to complete an adoption application.
2. A Cats R Us representative will go over the application with the potential adopter(s).
3. If there are already other animals in the home, veterinary references will be sought and a veterinary check will be needed. This process is simply to protect the health of the potential adoptee and the companion animals already owned.
4. Providing all goes well, an appointment for a home visit will be arranged and the adoption will take place at this time