Baypath Humane Society of Hopkinton is dedicated to providing shelter, care, humane treatment and loving homes for stray or unwanted companion animals.
Finding the right fit
Our goal is to help you and your new pet have a happy life together. Our adoption counselors are on-site daily to help you find the dog or cat who will be the best fit for their family. Last year alone, Baypath Humane found loving homes for more than 1,200 dogs and cats.
We are fortunate to have a dedicated team of volunteers, who ensure that the animals get plenty of daily exercise and playtime. The shelter also offers a stimulating environment for the animals. The cats can sun themselves in the screened in climbing area, while the dogs can enjoy a large fenced play area as well as miles of wooded trails. We also create tailored plans for dogs & cats who need more attention.
No matter how nice the accommodations, living in a shelter can be a very stressful experience. Our staff is dedicated to finding the best solution for each individual animal’s needs. This may include: Teaching agility skills to give an anxious dog something fun to work on; Providing positive reinforcement to a frightened dog or cat; Investing in training classes to help a dog become a better companion; or socializing a stray cat.
Animal education and outreach
We host Girl Scout troops and corporate groups who are interested in community service. In addition, our staff and board members participate in outreach events focused on creating awareness of animal adoption, animal overpopulation, and pet care.
Our Adoption Process
Our goal is to help each of the animals in our care find a home that best meets their needs - and to help set you and your new pet up for success. To that end, here's a quick guide to adopting at Baypath:
1. Read our available pet biographies to learn about each dog or cat.
2. Visit the shelter during our adoption hours to meet our available animals. One of our staff members will chat with you to help you find a pet that fits well with your lifestyle and will share information about the dog or cat that interests you. We ask that all members of the family/household come to meet the animal you’re considering adopting.
3. Fill out an application to help us determine if you are a compatible match with your preferred dog or cat. The application asks for personal references, your pet’s veterinarian information, and proof of home ownership or landlord approval, and includes questions about your previous pet ownership experience. Application approval is not first-come, first-served; we decide on adopters based on each animal’s best interest.
4. Before we place any animal, we ensure that other pets in the household are current on vaccinations, including rabies and distemper. Please bring copies of your pet’s vet records or provide a veterinarian contact.
5. We will contact you as soon as possible with the status of your application.
6. If you have other dogs at home, please schedule a time to bring your dogs to the shelter to meet the dog you’re considering adopting. We can also perform a cat test if the dog is going home with a cat.
7. If you need time to prepare your home for your new dog or cat, we will accept a $50.00 non-refundable deposit with an approved application. This holds your adoption for 24 hours. We can provide you with a list of supplies you’ll need, as well as tips on preparing your home for your new pet.
Adoption is a commitment that is likely to extend more than 10 years. If you have any reservations, please take your time. Think your decision over carefully and discuss it with all family members. If you have any questions, please ask us. We’re here to help!
Note: You must be 21 years or older to adopt.
Puppies (11 months and younger): $400
Adult dogs 1-6 years: $350
Adult dogs 7+ years: $175
One kitten (6 months and younger): $250 single, $400 pair of kittens
Kitten (7-11 months old): $175
Adult cat (1-6 years old): $150
Adult cat (7+ years old): $75
day hours Monday 11:30am-4:30pm Tuesday closed Wednesday 11:30am-4:30pm Thursday 11:30am-4:30pm Friday 11:30am-4:30pm Saturday 11:30am-4:30pm Sunday 11:30am-4:30pm