Begun in 1992, (St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana) AAS is a non-profit 501(c)(3), no-kill organization dedicated to helping abused, abandoned, orphaned & neglected companion animals by fostering them until they can be adopted into loving homes. We operate in both South Louisiana and South Mississippi. Each animal is spayed/neutered, vaccinated & receives any other medical care that may be necessary. These services keep the animals from being unnecessarily euthanized (destroyed) and stops the over population of animals. In order to accomplish this we need your membership and/or support. All gifts are tax deductible.
We do not have a facility. All our pets are placed into foster homes until they are adopted. We are always in need of foster homes & volunteers for our adoption events.
An application is required. A mutually convenient time and place to meet, once application is approved is required. A submitted application does NOT guarantee the applicant the right to adopt. We will review each application, check references & set up time for home check We reserve the right to deny any application that does not meet our criteria. Below is some of the main points we require when adopting:
1. AAS requires properly care for the pet(s); all adopted animals to be inside pets
2. AAS requires the pet(s) receive daily exercise and social interaction
3. AAS requires the pet to be secure at all times while outside (fence and/or collar/leash) We do not recommend retractable leashes
4. AAS requires no harm in anyway to come to the pet(s)
5. AAS requires medical care, annual vaccines, and monthly heart-worm preventative
6. AAS requires that the pet(s) not be sold, traded or given away, if adopter can no longer care for the pet(s), we will take the pet back into foster care
7. AAS reserves the right to refuse an application, as well as, the right to take immediate possession/ownership of pet(s) due to any violation on part of the adopter