The Somerset-Pulaski County Humane Society is a designated 501c3 nonprofit organization.
Our mission is multi-faceted, focusing on the areas of:
* Prevention of animal cruelty
* Community education regarding proper care and treatment of animals
* Promotion of spay/neuter programs
* Encouragement of pro-animal legislation
* Pet Rescue & Adoption
After you complete an application, there are several things that we will do:
1. We will check your personal references. Please be sure to list two personal references and include a phone number and an email address. (form asks for one; but I like two)
2. If you do not own your place of residence, we will call your landlord or leasing office. Please check with them first to learn about their pet policy.
3. We will call your veterinarian for a reference. We are looking for a history of annual exams, vaccines maintained routinely, annual heartworm tests and monthly preventatives. We require the following:
* All pets in the home must be spayed or neutered.
* If your pet is not up to date on vaccines, please do not submit the application until you have scheduled an appointment with the vet to get your pets current on their vaccines.
4. If you are a 1st-time pet owner, please include the name and phone number of the veterinarian you plan to use.
5. Be sure to call your Vet(s), giving them permission to speak with us.
6. We may need to do a home visit prior to approving your application, or post-adoption.
If this is not acceptable, please do not apply.