The Wabash County Animal Shelter(WCAS) is proud of the animals we adopt out. All animals are spayed or neutered before being allowed to go to their new forever homes including all puppies and kittens. Animals are tested to ensure that dogs are negative for heartworms and cats are negative for FIV/FeLV(Feline Aids Virus and Feline Leukemia Virus).
All dogs and cats will at least receive initial vaccinations including the canine Parainfluenza Bordetella(Kennel Cough) Vaccine for the dogs. Most animals, if old enough, will also receive their Rabies Vaccination.
Prices to adopt are kept very low(in fact below our costs), so that animals spend the minimum time at the shelter because we think it is better for the animals to be in loving homes.
All adopters must be over the age of 18 and acknowledge receipt from the Wabash County Animal Shelter the listed animal. You further agree to the following stipulations:
1. To provide food, water, shelter and medical care.
2. Not to neglect or abuse the animal or allow others to do so
3. Not to allow the animal to live on a chain.
4. Not to sell, trade, abandon, release for any experimental purpose whatsoever, nor dispose of said animal in any manner. Should you at any time wish to relinquish ownership, you agree to return the animal to the Wabash County Animal Shelter.
5. To have said animal STERILIZED and proof of RABIES VERIFICATION. State Law requires Rabies Vaccination be given at (3) three months of age.
6. To notify the Animal Shelter, within (10) ten days if circumstances make it impossible to meet each and every term of this adoption agreement.
7. To comply with all applicable laws and ordinances, leash law and animal welfare laws.
8. You further agree to pay any and all reasonable attorney fees and /or other costs associated with inquires into compliance with this Adoption Agreement or any other actions brought in an effort to enforce the terms hereforth.
Failure to comply may subject you to civil and other penalties, in accordance with all applicable laws and ordinances.
Compliance of this agreement is YOUR sole RESPONSIBILITY!!!!
Your Veterinarian may fax or mail your proof to the shelter
Fax number and our address will be on your adoption certificate.
Please remember that you are adopting a shelter animal who has been uprooted from its home for a variety of reasons including moving, abandonment, death of owner, or abuse. These animals will need a period of time and a lot of your understanding and help in adjusting to a new home. If you have any problems with an adoption from this facility or any questions about care, training, or behavior problems, email us at the address at the bottom of this page and we will try to help. We want your adoption experience to be a positive one and we want the animal to have a long term home.
We will try to give all available information about our adoptable animals whenever possible and keep this information current as we learn more about the animals in our care.
Adoption prices for dogs: Adoption prices for cats:
Under 6 months old - $60 Under 6 months old - $50
Over 6 months old - $50 Over 6 months old - $40
day hours Monday Closed Tuesday 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM Wednesday !!:00 am to 5 :00 PM Thursday 11:00 am to 7:00 pm Friday 11:00 am to 5:00 pm Saturday 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM Sunday Closed