MPORTANT: Currently, adoptions and any other visits to the shelter are by appointment ONLY. If you are interested in adopting, you must first fill out the application. We will be in contact with you shortly to continue the process from there. Thank you for your understanding!
Welcome to Loving Heart Animal Shelter!
The Loving Heart Animal Shelter is a private, independent, 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation governed by a volunteer Board of Directors composed of community members who are dedicated to animal welfare. We are funded primarily through private donations and service revenue. Not controlled or funded by any statewide or national organization, donations made to national animal welfare groups do not benefit our local pets. We are based in Lafayette, Indiana.
Loving Heart Animal Shelter is a no-kill animal shelter and adoption organization. Our shelter strives to create an environment that enhances awareness of the humane treatment of animals. The mission of Loving Heart Animal Shelter is to rescue healthy and treatable dogs and cats. This shall include but is not limited to the following: animals who are sick, injured, abused, found stray, and relinquished by their owners. We will nurture and restore them to happy, healthy lives in loving, permanent homes.
Thank you so much for expressing interest in adopting your next best friend from Loving Heart Animal Shelter! Every pet adopted means another available space at the shelter, which means we are able to rescue another animal in need of our help.
We try to match our pets with the families we feel would best suit the pet's needs - not the other way around. Adoptions are not first come first serve. We reserve the right to refuse any application.
1. Determine the types of pets that will best fit your family. Consider points such as age, energy level, and size.
2. Fill out an adoption application.
APPLICATION FOR CATS: https://form.jotform.com/83536316046153
APPLICATION FOR DOGS: https://form.jotform.com/83498116900157
3. Complete the adoption. Cat adoptions will be completed where the cat is located. Dogs will be brought to the applicant's home for a home-visit and the adoption will be completed there.
4. Settle in with your new family member. It is very important to provide your newly-adopted pet with plenty of love, care, and patience as he adjusts and adapts to your home and routine. Some pets may settle in immediately, while others may need a week or two to fully settle in.
All adopters must:
1. Be at least 21 years of age
2. Fill out an adoption application
3. Agree to a home-visit and reference checks as needed before adoption
- Puppies (o-12 months) $195
- Adult Dogs (1-6 years) $150
- Senior Dogs (7 years of age and up) $125
- Kittens (0-12 months) $100
- Adult Cats (1-6 years) $75
- Senior Cats (7 years of age and up) $50