A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation is a non-profit no-kill humane society based in the western suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. Our family of volunteers is dedicated to rescuing, fostering, and caring for homeless dogs and orphan cats while we find them their forever homes. We promote spay/neuter programs to help reduce pet overpopulation and work within communities throughout Illinois to assist and educate the public about responsible pet ownership.
We conduct cat and dog adoptions primarily in DuPage County, IL including Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Downers Grove, Darien, Lombard, and Naperville.
Please note that we do not have pets in our physical location in Wheaton. Please fill out an adoption application to schedule time to meet a pet.
We are excited that you have decided to adopt a dog or cat from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation. Here is what you can expect during the pet adoption process.
Step 1: Submit your no-obligation adoption application at https://www.arf-il.org/adopt/application/
Step 2: We'll review your application, contact your references, and call your veterinarian
Step 3: Meet the pet
Step 4: Fill out adoption paperwork and take home your new best friend!
All pets adopted from A.R.F.-Animal Rescue Foundation include the following as part of their adoption fee:
* Spay/neuter or a certificate for a low-cost spay/neuter when medically recommended
* Microchip and registration, a permanent identification to reunite lost pets with their owners
* Initial de-worming and flea and tick treatment
* Age-appropriate testing for heartworm/FIV-FELV
* Age-appropriate vaccines
* Pre-adoption medical exam
* A certificate for a free healthy pet exam at one of A.R.F.’s participating veterinarians within 7 days of adoption
* Offer for a no-risk 30 day free trial with Trupanion pet medical insurance
* You must be at least 18 years of age with a valid photo ID, have submitted an A.R.F. online adoption application, and been approved to adopt
* All animals in your household must be spayed or neutered, current with all vaccinations (including rabies, distemper and bordetella for dogs; rabies and distemper for cats), and dogs must be heartworm tested and on heartworm and flea preventative.
* You must verify that you are allowed to have pets of the breed and size where you live. Before you are approved, A.R.F. volunteers must speak with your landlord or HOA/condo association representative.
* All human household members and resident dogs (if adopting another dog) must be in attendance on the day of the adoption to meet the new pet and agree that adoption is a good decision.
* The A.R.F. representative present and leading the adoption must agree that the pet’s placement with any particular family is in the pet’s best interest.
* You must be able to commit the time and resources needed to care for the pet.
* You must be able to take the pet home on the day of adoption with the appropriate restraint – collar and harness + leash for dogs and puppies, or a carrier for cats and kittens.
* You agree to pay the non-refundable adoption donation listed on the pet’s biography.
For more information, please see our website at https://www.arf-il.org/