If you are interested in adopting a dog, please fill out an adoption application on our website, www.playersforpits.com. Those who fill out an application are apt to get a quicker response and be considered first for adoption.
Players for Pits is a 501c3, non profit rescue that connect professional athletes to the community in order to come together to take a stand against thea buse and neglect of anmals. PFP serves the western suburbs of Chicago and is a foster based rescue. To learn more about our mission and philosophies, please visit the About Us section on our website, www.playersforpits.com.
Puppies (10 weeks-6 months): $400
Puppies (6 months - 1 year): $350
Adult Dogs (1 year- 9yrs): $300
Seniors (10 years +): $150
1. We require an adoption application to be completed in its entirety. Any application with questions not answered fully will not be considered complete and will not be processed.
2. We process your application. This can take anywhere from 1 day to 1 month as every case is different. We will call your references, vet, and make any other necessary calls needed in order to approve or deny an application.
3. Phone or email interview. We will notify you that we have processed your application or that we are still processing it. and will go over any areas of concern.
4. Set up a meet and greet - this can be at an adoption event, in or home or at the fosters. We prefer you come to meet the dog you applied for at an event in order to see if it is a match on both ends.
5. Pet meet and greet - we make sure your current pets and your potential new family member are a good match! If you are adopting a dog that is currently with either of our trainers, we will have you bring your dog(s) to our trainer for the meet and greet.
**We will not adopt a dog into a situation we do not believe the dog can handle. The dogs are our #1 priority.
6. Finalize the adoption - sign the adoption contract and pay adoption fee - we accept cash or check.
Your adoption fee covers all vaccinations, fecal test, heartworm test, etc as well as spay/neuter and microchipping. No pets will be adopted out until they have a clean bill of health from our veterinarian.