Doberman Rescue League
Doberman Rescue League Inc. started out in 1977, as a non–profit corporation comprised of volunteers who were willing to give their time, expertise, homes and loving care to help place Dobermans in need of rescue. We are a 501(c)(3) and registered with the FL Department of Agriculture CH45078. All donations are tax deductible.
The South Florida area is renowned for being a dumping ground for animals. The number of owner surrenders has increased as people have lost their homes, become unable to care for their pets any longer, or even worse, have mistreated and neglected their animals and no longer want them.
Education is the key to owner retention. We also try to lend a helping hand to assist owners with what they need to keep their Dobermans.
Our rescue provides that all of our dogs are up to date on their shots, Heartworm tested and spayed or neutered. Some come injured or abused and take a little longer to ready them for a forever home.
Our adoption area is the state of Florida and all homes are pre-approved, including a home visit to insure our dogs are afforded a chance at a healthy, loving future after an uneasy beginning.
Our Adoption area is THE STATE OF FLORIDA.
-YOU MUST FILL OUT AN APPLICATION AND AGREE TO A HOME VISIT TO BE PRE-APPROVED.
This screening process helps us to better match the dog with his or her furever home.
- The dog will be microchipped for identification purposes.
- You must sign a legal release form protecting you, Doberman Rescue League Inc. and the rescue dog.
- If for any reason you must return the dog or the adopter fails to comply with Doberman Rescue League Inc. terms of adoption, WE WILL TAKE THE DOG BACK. YOU MAY NOT TRANSFER OWNERSHIP.
**OUR RESCUE DOGS MUST BE KEPT AS AN INDOOR HOUSE PET.**
- For the safety of the dog, heart worm preventative is required and we recommend that you follow a regular vaccine program established by your veterinarian to guarantee that your dog stays healthy.
- Your dog must have a rabies shot and license in accordance with existing laws.