Our mission is to promote the humane treatment of animals through care, advocacy and community education.
Founded in 1961, we are the only 501(c) 3 non-profit animal shelter in Weld County.
The Humane Society of Weld County provides care and shelter to over 4,000 homeless, lost and unwanted pets in our community each year.
We are determined to adopt out each healthy and safe animal. As an open admissions shelter, we take in all the overlooked and most in need medically animals.
We ensure that each adoption is a match for both our furry friend and the people! Please come to our adoption center to adopt. If you'd like to place a 24 hour choice hold, call us at (970) 506-9550 during our hours.
1. Find an animal you are interested in adopting online or on location. Our team can help you decide the perfect match or you can check out our adoptable animals yourself.
2. Either call to make an appointment or visit the Adoption Center. Any animal in foster (which is noted in the location area online) needs to schedule a meet and greet. Any animal at our Adoption Center can be met during our open hours.
3. Complete an Adoption Profile. This will be a simple form about current animals in the home, lifestyle, and contact information. Our team will give a brief interview to make sure the fit is perfect!
4. Visit with your potential pet. If you have another dog in the home, dog-to-dog introductions will happen in our play-yard. We have an outdoor and indoor meeting area, depending on weather and animal type. You will have time to ask questions and meet your new friend! If you are looking to adopt another dog, we ask that you bring your current dog for an introduction supervised by our behavior team.
5. Go over any medical history. Our medical staff helps every animal that comes through our doors. All adoptables are up-to-date on shots and spayed/neutered.
6. Sign the contract and take your new family member home! You will be asked to review and sign a contract outlining the responsibilities of pet ownership and will be given copies of paperwork you’ve signed. Then, that day, your new family member goes home with you!
day hours Monday 12-5:00 pm Tuesday 12-5:00 pm Wednesday 12-5:00 pm Thursday 12-5:00 pm Friday 12-5:00 pm Saturday 11-4 pm Sunday 11-4 pm