Cavy Care Inc. is a licensed, nonprofit rescue dedicated to the rescue and placement of guinea pigs. We have placed over 10,000 guinea pigs in the last 24 years! See our website at www.cavycareinc.org
Welcome to our organization. We have some important terms, conditions, and policies that you need to be aware of before adopting a guinea pig from us. To ensure that our guinea pigs are not subjected to a cycle of recycling, we screen all potential adopters. Please allow up to 48 hours for your application to be processed.
1. Please note that we do not adopt guinea pigs to families with children under the age of 7 years. However, we do adopt guinea pigs to families... or individuals who are over the age of 18 years of age. If you are under 18 or living with your parents, please have your parent or legal guarding fill out the application and sign the adoption contract. We do not accept application filled out by children or individuals under the age of 18.
2. Our guinea pigs must be housed indoors ONLY, and we will request photos of your cage or enclosures to ensure that they are adequate for the number of guinea pigs you will be housing.
3. We also do not allow our guinea pigs to be adopted as gifts for others, for breeding or to be resold.
4. Ownership of a guinea pig adopted through our organization is non-transferable, and if you no longer want your pet, you MUST return it to our organization and only our organization as per our contractual agreement.
5. Our adoption fees vary depending on the age and number of guinea pigs you are adopting. Please note, we will only adopt out a same-sex pair, or a companion of the same sex you have at home.
$30 for a single guinea pig between the ages of 6 months to 6 years.
$45 for a same-sex pair, between the ages of 6 months to 6 years.
$25 for a single senior guinea pigs over the age of 6 years.
$35 for a pair of senior Guinea pigs over the age of 6 years.
$60 for a pair of guinea pigs under the age of 6 months. (Babies are only adopted as part of pairs, or to be paired with another guinea pig.)
The contract must be signed at the time of adoption. You will be expected to take the guinea pig home at the time of adoption. (No exception). You do have the option of paying for boarding for your newly adopted guinea pig at the full and posted rate, terms, and conditions as listed for those services.
Please understand that the guinea pigs are available for adoption are all housed in foster homes. We do not have a designated formal shelter facility. We rely on the kindness of volunteers to care for and socialize our foster piggies. Adoption are only done on Saturdays and Sundays, and the requested guinea pig will be the only one available at the time of viewing.
We do not hold guinea pigs back from adoption. There is a chance that the guinea pig you are interested in will be adopted before you're invited to an adoption meet. In the case, we will contact you in advance and advise you of the situation. Please understand that if you have a guinea pig and adopt a fried for him/her, it ultimately up to your guinea pig as to whom you will adopt. We would work with you to find a compatible friend of the same sex. We do specialize in pairing guinea pigs.