The Thulani Senior German Shepherd Rescue mission is to rescue and save senior or terminally ill German Shepherd Dogs from life-threatening situations and to find homes in which they can live out their natural lives in love and comfort. A medical condition is not a deciding factor, only quality of life remaining. We commit to providing medical coverage for life, even after adoption.
Our adoption process is designed to help you and the right dog find each other. Our goal is to place each dog into a permanent, safe, and loving home.
To adopt a Senior German Shepherd Dog (sometimes called a Thulani dog), you must:
1. Live in California or close-in areas of adjoining states.
2. Complete an Adoption Questionnaire, either online, or by mail. If you do not own your home, you must also have your landlord complete the Landlord Letter.
3. Be interviewed by an adoption counselor.
4. Allow a home visit (virtual or in-home) by an adoption counselor.
5. Be approved for adoption.
6. Choose, and be chosen by, the right dog.
7. With our approval, sign our Adoption Agreement.
After we receive your online Adoption Questionnaire, we will contact you to begin the adoption process. We encourage potential adopters to come to one or more Adoption Days.