Jake's Wish Dog Rescue consists of a system of volunteers and foster homes located in and around San Jose, CA. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to rescuing dogs in need from our surrounding communities. These dogs may be shy, sick, injured, orphaned... many are at risk of euthanasia. We bring these dogs into loving and skilled foster homes where they receive the medical and behavioral care needed to be adopted into wonderful forever homes. We also serve our community by providing information and education on responsible dog ownership.
1. Look over our adoptable dogs to see which one might be a great new best friend for your family.
2. Complete an Adoption Application on jakeswishrescue.org for the dog you are interested in.
3. If your application appears to be a good fit for the dog you are interested in, we will reach out to you (and other top applicants) for a phone interview in approximately 3-5 days. Unfortunately, due to volume, we are not able to interview all applicants for every dog.
4. Based on the interviews conducted for a dog, we will make a meet and greet offer to the family we think is the best fit for the needs of the individual dog. When we interview families for our litters of puppies, each family is given a number based on several factors. Family #1 gets first pick, family #2 gets second pick, and so on. We can't guarantee a specific puppy – you need to meet them all!
5. If it feels like a match at the meet-and-greet, you are able to adopt at that time!
6. To make your adoption official, you will sign an adoption contract. Our adoption fee depends on the dog age and breed- some puppies or highly desired breeds may have an increased adoption fee. All of our dogs are vaccinated, spayed or neutered, and microchipped prior to adoption. Puppies may require additional vaccinations (depending on age) to be paid for by the adopter.