The rescue and rehabilitation of abandoned, abused, neglected, and unwanted parrots.
The placement of rehabilitated parrots into suitable homes, qualified breeding facilities, zoos, or species reintroduction programs.
The education of the public regarding the behavior, the proper care and training of parrots.
1. Fill out an Adoption Application and return to the rescue. (Our adoption fees range from $20 to $600, depending on the parrot. Please note this does not include the fee of their cage if available.)
2. Have a phone interview, discuss application and address any questions.
3. Meet & greet with a volunteer and your desired parrot at a social setting.
Complete four 1 hour sessions with parrot involving in-home and social settings. (This gives the parrot different areas of interaction with the applicant family, allowing the applicants the opportunity to observe the parrot in different situations and determine if this parrot is the right match for them.)
4. Vet check. Adoption accepted. Sign adoption notification form and obtain adoption package. Parrot will be delivered to his/her new forever home.
5. Follow up visits by a volunteer and phone calls will be made to ensure the parrot’s well being.