Lifeline for Pets is a no-kill animal rescue group based in Pasadena, California. We provide care for homeless cats until a loving home can be found for them. We have many adorable and loving pets waiting for their forever homes. Our goal is to help these deserving animals have a long, happy life!
We know you have many choices, but the best reasons for you to adopt from us are:
a) being a small rescue, we know our cats extremely well and we work hard to find the best homes and the best fit for a win-win situation;
b) we are no-kill, unlike some of the large facilities, and we have excellent veterinary partnerships to insure that our cats and kittens are in the best of health;
c) after you adopt, we are always there for you.
1. Look over the selection of cats via website or Petfinder.
2. If you do not find what you want, please ask. Limited space prohibits us from showing all the cats we have available for adoption.
3. Complete an application. You can fill out our online application here.
4. Review of application by Lifeline. A Lifeline Board member will review your application and get back to you within a day or two.
5. Home visit, by appointment. Two Lifeline members will visit your home to check for safety issues (i.e. loose screens, doggie door, balcony safety, etc.) During quarantine it will be virtual and you will be asked to send pictures.
6. Approved Application. Once the application, review and visit are complete and approved, Lifeline will set up a time to deliver the cat/dog to you.
7. Delivery Day. Plan ahead!! Be prepared to spend the entire day and evening home with your new pet. This is their big day!! The Adoption Contract will be completed and signed at this time and the adoption fee will be collected. You may pay by cash or check (Payable to Lifeline for Pets).
8. 2 Week Trial Period. During or after that time, together we will determine whether you will keep the cat or return it to us. We want it to be a good fit.