Unidos para los Animales is a small animal welfare group based out of La Antigua, Guatemala. Our primary focus is offering large scale mobile sterilization and vaccination clinics for families who otherwise could not afford it. We sterilize, vaccinate, and tattoo free-roaming animals in the community. We do community outreach and school visits where we teach humane care of animals and dog bite prevention. We also rehabilitate a small number of dogs and cats before placing them in loving homes.
Why are we different? Because we truly rehabilitate our animals before placing them. Our pets are socialized and trained using scientifically-based positive reinforcement techniques. We thoroughly evaluate each of our dogs and cats and expose them to as many different life situations as we can. Our animals are kept in a clean, stimulating environment, with many daily activities such as long walks on- and off-leash, group and individual play sessions, enrichment and training activities, and lots of cuddles. All our dogs have strong basic obedience before being placed. They have been thoroughly medically vetted and treated by excellent veterinarians with top quality materials and techniques. We are extremely careful about our placements, and strive to ensure the very best match possible between adopters and our dogs.
Just like people and families, dogs come in all different personalities, sizes, ages, and energy levels. We put a lot of effort into carefully matching our dogs with the right families. This sets everyone up for a successful adoption.
Our adoption process:
1) Fill out an application.
2) If the dog is a good fit based on your application, we will contact you to schedule a video call.
3) If the dog is not a good fit or already adopted, we will contact you to let you know.
4) During the video call, we will go over any questions we have about your application and talk to you about the dog you are interested in, also answering any questions you may have.
5) We will arrange for you to meet the dog
6) You will start your trial adoption. During this time our trainer will be available for any support you might need.
7) The adoption fee is paid adoption is finalized.*
8) We stand behind our dogs 100% and will take a dog back at any point for any reason during its lifetime.
*Animal rescue and rehabilitation is expensive. We ask you to help by choosing an adoption fee between $400 and $600. This fee only partially covers our rehabilitation costs.