*Rescuing German Shepherd Dogs from life threatening situations at animal shelters and elsewhere.
*Finding German Shepherd Dogs permanent loving homes with qualified owners.
*Assisting owners of German Shepherd Dogs who can no longer keep them to find them new homes.
*Working cooperatively with animal shelters and other rescue groups in the community towards our common goals of saving dogs' lives and reducing pet overpopulation.
*Educating the public about the advantages of adopting dogs from shelters and rescue organizations, and about the need for spaying and neutering dogs.
*Educating owners and prospective owners of German Shepherd Dogs about their proper care and training, and about other aspects of the breed.
To adopt a German Shepherd Dog from us, you must:
1. Live in Northern California.
2. Complete an Adoption Questionnaire, either online, or hard-copy (pdf format). If you do not own your home, your landlord must provide the completed Landlord Permission Agreement(pdf format).
3. Be interviewed by an adoption counselor.
4. Allow a home visit conducted by a GSRNC adoption counselor.
5. Choose, and be chosen by, the right dog.
6. With our approval, sign our Adoption Agreement, and pay the associated adoption fee.
7. At the time of adoption we also collect a deposit which is refunded after completion of two training sessions.