Here at Adopt A Bunny Rabbit, our goal is to find forever homes for abandoned and unwanted bunnies. We provide support for bunny adopters and assist with education about bunnies. We shelter, care for, and love the bunnies in our care & seek to find the best homes for our amazing companion bunnies.
We know that sometimes, all it takes to change the world, is a little support. Since our founding in 2013, we have been determined to make an impact. Through all of our endeavors we hope to display the conviction behind our beliefs.
Rabbits are highly social—they are happiest and thrive when living with other rabbits as an integrated part of their families’ lives and surroundings. Therefore rabbits are housed inside only and require 5 to 8 hours of playtime daily. In order to be considered as an adopter you must:
- Be able and willing to provide an indoor, loving, safe and peaceful environment for your rabbits.
- Be financially stable and willing to provide all necessary medical care.
- Be committed to the health and welfare of the rabbit for his/her lifetime (an average of 8-10 years) regardless of lifestyle changes such as divorce, moving, etc.
- Be aware that we DO NOT adopt rabbits to children—all members of the household should visit the prospective rabbit and apply for adoption.
- Be aware that we DO NOT place rabbits in a home with an un-neutered or un-spayed rabbit.
- Be willing to agree to a home visit and consultation by one of our AABR Staff prior to or shortly after the adoption.
- Agree to an adoption fee of $80.00 (This is used to pay for our rabbits’ spay/neuter and medical care and is tax deductible.)
- Be willing to agree to a follow-up home visit within 1 week of the adoption date.
- Agree to our Adoption Policies.
Thank you for wanting to give a rabbit a safe and loving home. Our primary goal at AABR is education—the purpose of the initial visit is to help facilitate a good match between a bunny and your family’s needs and comfort levels. Please complete the application and send via email to: AABRnonprof@gmail.com