SOS Cat Rescue AZ is a completely volunteer-run foster-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Tucson, Arizona.
SOS stands for saving orphan kittens and senior cats in danger of euthanasia from the local shelter and gives these cats a second chance for a "happily ever after" life. The kitties are solely placed in foster homes where they will be taken care of according to their individual needs such as bottle feeding for orphans, socialization for kittens while growing up, medical attention to the sick, and hospice care for seniors.
Since all our cats are in foster homes, we get to know them, their behavior, and their needs very well so we can help you find the cat that is a match for you.
SOS is founded by experienced Tucson based rescuers who wanted to focus on special-need-cats and their well-being. Our team consists of excellent foster families, specialized bottle-feeders with years of experience, as well as strong individuals with a loving heart
For a meet-n-greet with our cats, please call us at 520-445-3889 or email us at info@SOScatrescueAZ.org. You can also fill out an adoption application via www.SOScatrescueAZ.org/Adoption-Application.
Our adoption process step-by-step:
1. Contact us and let us know which cat you want to meet
2. Fill out an adoption application
3. Meet the cat(s)
4. We use an interview process to ensure that each animal adopted will be matched to the most compatible new owner. During this process, we will review any medical or behavioral information relevant to that animal, explain policies and services available. Our knowledgeable contact person will also help you select the right supplies for your new pet.
5. Home visit - with a home check we ensure the cats new home is cat-friendly and free of "cat hazards". At the same time we can discuss possible areas of concern and how to resolve these.
6. We have an adoption contract that yo