OUR MISSION STATEMENT
* To find forever homes for all abandoned/surrendered cats and dogs in the Tombstone area
* To provide the best possible care until they go to forever homes
* To help ensure all Tombstone area cats and dogs are spayed, neutered, vaccinated, and healthy
1. Tombstone Small Animal Shelter, Inc. (TSAS) Adoption Contract language applies to all animals adopted from TSAS regardless of residential location of potential adopters. This language is drafted with the intent by TSAS to adopt its animals only to homes that are safe, fit and in compliance with TSAS adoptions standards and policies.
2. I agree that, by adopting this animal, this animal will reside with me in my own place of residence. That all cats I adopt from TSAS will be indoor only cats and will not be de-clawed. That all dogs I adopt from TSAS will not be left outside 24 hours a day. In the event that I choose to no longer keep the animal, or can no longer provide care for the animal, I agree to contact Tombstone Small Animal Shelter, Inc. to discuss surrendering the animal back to TSAS. I agree to not re home, sell, trade or dispose of the animal in any way myself without consent of TSAS. _________ initial
3. TSAS reserves the unlimited right to inquire from the adopters about the animal at any time after adoption. TSAS reserves the right to reclaim any animal at any time for any reason(s) deemed appropriate by the TSAS Board of Directors, including but not limited to, breach of contract, mistreatment of the animal, or fraudulent misrepresentation by the adopters. ___________initial
4. I understand that an adjustment period may be needed for the animal to become comfortable in my home and with my family and other pets. I will consider further training for my pet to help with this process and will give the animal time to adjust.
5. I hereby fully and completely release TSAS and their officers, and volunteers from any claim, cause of action or liability for any injury or damage which may be caused by the animal and for any illness my other animals may develop, even if those illnesses are procured from the animal adopted from TSAS. I agree to fully and completely indemnify, defend and hold harmless TSAS, their officers and volunteers from and against all claims, causes of action and liabilities, including but not limited to those asserted by third parties for any injury or damage caused by the animal.
6. TSAS believes the animal you are adopting is in good health ( unless noted ). The animal is spayed/neutered and had all age appropriate vaccinations. Cats are tested for feline leukemia/aids and vaccinated. Should any medical problem arise within 48 hours contact TSAS at 520-457-2545. Any medical issues not previously noted by TSAS at time of adoption are the responsibility of the adopter. __________initial
7. If the pet I adopt requires additional boosters I agree to keep the appointment made for me, or will notify TSAS as soon as possible prior to the appointment, if rescheduling is required and Tombstone Small Animal Shelter will pay for the shots required if local. If I do not keep the appointment or reschedule in a timely manner I will be responsible for all payment. _______initial
8. All the information I have provided on this application is, to the best of my knowledge, true and complete.
9. I understand there is no refund of adoption fee if I cancel the pre-adoption or return an adopted animal. _______initial