So that we may be assured that the dog you wish to adopt is best suited to you, your home and your lifestyle, and is placed in an environment that is compatible with his/her needs, we ask that you complete an application.
For you to adopt an animal, we need you to…
· Be sure that you are financially able to provide for the animal’s needs. This includes food, supplies, license and veterinary care.
· Be certain you have adequate time to spend with your new pet, including time for training, exercise and grooming.
· Have your landlord’s permission to bring an animal onto his/her property.
· Have the consent of all adults in your household.
· Be at least 18 years of age and have verifiab
If you are interested in adopting an animal, you first must fill out an application. An adoption counselor will look over the application and verify any information with landlords, past/present veterinarians, and also do a background check. In most cases, we will require any potential adopters to meet and interact with the animal before putting it on hold. Since most of our animals are in foster homes, we will need to arrange a meet and greet with you and the foster parent and potential animal. We list our animals as adoptable when they are pulled to the foster home. Once there, they will be fully vetted. Some of our animals are waiting on spay/neuter appointments. Arkansas state law requires all animals be spay/neutered before adoptions. If you’re interested in one that hasn’t been “fixed” and your application approved, we will put a hold on that animal, as soon as their vetting is finished, they will be able to come to your home. We rarely allow an animal to go h