Bama Bully Rescue, Inc. (BBR) is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to creating pit bull breed ambassadors within the state of Alabama. To this end, we work with animal shelters to rescue pit bull type dogs who are overlooked for adoption and therefore at risk for euthanasia, and pull them for placement in foster care. We also strive to educate the public about the true nature of bully breed dogs, encouraging responsible ownership by offering training, behavioral, and health care advice in hopes of decreasing the number of bullies that would, without such support, be relinquished by their owners.
OUR ADOPTION FEES
Puppies - $250
Adults - $200
Seniors (age 7+) - $150
STEPS TO ADOPT
1. Honestly evaluate your desire and ability to care for a new dog at this time in your life
2. Research the breed to make sure you are ready for the trials and tribulations and joys of bully ownership.
3. Search for the bully you are interested in, we urge you to choose more than one dog that interests you, however please understand that your choices may not be the ideal match for your family or lifestyle. Our volunteers will help you determine the right dog for you in order to ensure a compatible and lifelong pet relationship.
4. Complete our adoption application
5. Correspond through e-mail and phone with rescue volunteers, to complete the screening process
6. Pass veterinary/personal reference check
7. Pass home check by rescue volunteer or associate
8. If your application is approved, meet and greet with bullies of interest
9. Finalize adoption paperwork and complete final arrangements for transfer of dog