Coveted Canines and Creatures is a Toronto-based Animal Rescue organization that focuses on animals that are at high risk of being euthanized and those that are vulnerable to abuse.
We help dogs, cats, small domestics, birds and farm animals. We believe there is the right home out there for the pets in our rescue and pride ourselves on matching our animals to people. Our goal is to find the right forever home for each pet in need! While animals we feel cannot be rehomed are able to live at our sanctuary happily ever after.
Coveted Canines and Creatures is a not-for-profit organization that is wholly run by unpaid volunteers. Everyone on our team donates their time and expertise all for the love of animals! We do not have a shelter – we place our dogs and cats in loving foster homes where they feel safe to bloom and can learn important socialization skills. Our other animals big and small reside at our farm sanctuary where they can rest and recuperate in a safe and comfortable environment for as long as they need.
Coveted Canines and Creatures Rescue has a rigorous, tiered, application process to ensure that each pet is matched with the home that best meets its needs.
1. If you see a pet that you are interested in adopting, please submit an adoption application on our website. We have 2 separate adoption applications - a Canine Application for our adoptable dogs and a Creatures Application for our adoptable pets of other species (such as cats, rabbits, small domestics, etc.)
2. Once Coveted Canines and Creatures receives your application and reviews it to be an appropriate match for the pet you are interested in, a member of the Adoption Team will be in touch with you via e-mail to review your application and answer any questions you may have about the process or the animal - remember to check your spam/junk folders for a response from our team. Please allow 48 hours for us to respond to your application. Being an entirely volunteer-run organization, we are only able to respond to those applicants selected to proceed. We only process a maximum of 3 applications per pet simultaneously.
3. Our adoption process requires a home visit and 3 completed personal references (plus a vet reference if you have had previous or current pets) prior to adoption. We will also set up a meet and greet between you and the pet during your application process. Adoption events are a great place to meet our dogs (and the CCCR team)!
4. If you are the successful applicant you will be notified by our Adoption Team via email and you will be connected with the foster parent to take home your new family member. The adoption contract, medical waiver and adoption fee must be paid/completed before your new family member is picked up.
5. If you are not the successful applicant but are pre-approved to adopt from us you will be notified by our Adoption Team via email and encouraged to continue to look on our social media feeds (www.facebook.com/covetedcanines and @covetedcanines on Instagram) for the next pet that interests you. You will already have completed a home visit and references so your application will be ready to go for the next one.
Please note that being pre-approved does not mean you'll automatically get to adopt the next animal that interests you. Pre-approved means we recognize you’d be a good pet guardian, however we need to ensure that the animal is the right fit for you and your family.
Please note: we do not call applicants to discuss why they did not get chosen for a particular pet.
Canine adoption fees: $900 for puppies (8 months & under), $700 for adult dogs (between 9 months - 7 years) & bonded pairs, $500 for senior dogs (8 years+)
Creatures' adoption fees are indicated in their bio.