This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Bayard Beagle Mix Cincinnati, OH
- Brown / Chocolate, White / Cream
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
Bayard is pretty low key and loves to snuggle. At first he shadowed his foster mom from room to room, but now will go off by himself (or more likely with another dog) to nap. He's also learning to tolerate sharing the couch with the resident kitties. He still pulls on walks trying to sniff everything and wanting to veer into the woods after the scent of rabbit, deer, etc. (as would any self-respecting beagle) ... but when his handler decides it's time for more walk/less sniff, he'll oblige with a brisker pace.
This cool little man is loving life in foster care, but is ready to put down roots in a forever home of his own. He'll do best with another dog or two, a fenced yard, and regular, leisurely walks.
June 2020. Bayard and another beagle sidekick were picked up as strays. Pleasantly plump at around 40#, Bayard was certainly well fed--so we suspect he'd not been on his own for long. After a brief stay as a county pound, his pal got adopted and Bayard upgraded to a room at STAF. His tail has not stopped wagging since, putting him in the running for happiest pup on the planet! (See video for demonstration.) Super friendly and calm, Bayard (est. birthday 2012) loves taking leisurely walks, sniffing everything in sight beagle-style. While he has passed evaluations for doggy daycare, he does get jealous and grumbly when it comes to sharing human attention with another dog. May be happier as an only child. Please check back for more info as we get to know Bayard better. If he makes your beagle-lovin' heart go pitter-patter, email us and let's chat!
• All of our animals are spayed/neutered and current on shots.
• We do not do same-day adoptions; we ask that you return for a follow-up visit before taking an animal home.
• You must be 21 years or older to adopt from STAF.
• We require a 4-foot-tall physical fence for homes with children under the age of 11. We also may require a physical fence for specific dogs on a case-by-case basis, depending on each dog’s behavior and exercise needs.
• Due in part to increasing coyote activity/incidents in the area and the difficulty of predicting how a dog will respond to invisible fence training, we can not adopt to homes with invisible fences.
• We do request vet and personal references.
• We can facilitate adoptions within a 75-mile radius of our Cincinnati-based shelter.
Please visit www.STAF.org for visiting hours, a downloadable application, and additional information.
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…