This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Arabella Australian Kelpie Mix Cincinnati, OH
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
"She is one smart cookie!! Fully housebroken and so far not any signs of destructiveness. When we walk, she is alert to everything that moves (lizards, squirrels) and likes to bird watch. Very strong on leash, but listens when told to go easy. She sits (with wiggles) while I harness her and can give paw if asked. She is very excited to go out, but gets anxious and wants to go back in, heading straight for the door. I believe she is very fearful. She cowered and barked at a concrete statue and also at any loud noise. She needs to gain confidence and feel safe. She is a kisser as well. Jumps in your lap and lavishes you with kisses. Loves her Kong toy and a nylabone. Also likes to pick up sticks in the yard and bite them into pieces. She needs exercise as she is very high energy. Would do well with a large fenced yard to play in."
This sweet girl originally came to our shelter after being passed around from home to home. Arabella weighs around 50 pounds, with an estimated birthdate of Nov. 2017. She loves attention and is an indiscriminate kisser ... even the vet gets kisses!
We are currently only accepting applicants with fenced yards (sorry, no invisible fences) for Miss Arabella. Arabella can be selective about her dog pals. She seems to do best with dogs that are very secure/confident and indifferent to her sometimes nervous tendencies. She may be happiest as an only-child.
Please visit www.STAF.org for visiting hours, a downloadable application, and additional information.
• All of our animals are spayed/neutered and current on shots.
• We do not do same-day adoptions; we ask that you return for a follow-up visit before taking an animal home.
• You must be 21 years or older to adopt from STAF.
• We require a 4-foot-tall physical fence for homes with children under the age of 11. We also may require a physical fence for specific dogs on a case-by-case basis, depending on each dog’s behavior and exercise needs.
• Due in part to increasing coyote activity/incidents in the area and the difficulty of predicting how a dog will respond to invisible fence training, we can not adopt to homes with invisible fences.
• We do request vet and personal references.
• We can facilitate adoptions within a 75-mile radius of our Cincinnati-based shelter.
Ask About Arabella
- Australian Kelpie
Save the Animals Foundation