This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
JERRY Domestic Short Hair Mahwah, NJ
- Black & White / Tuxedo
- indepedent, affectionate, sweet, Couch potato, Smart, Affectionate, Protective
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.
- Good in a home with
- Prefers a home without
- Other cats, children.
- Adoption fee
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
Jerry needs a cat owner who understands that some cats just need time to get to know you before you can put your hands all over them. Maybe a third date kind of cat. Jerry does love affection from his foster mom but on his terms, he usually only trusts one person who he prefers to be with at all times. Jerry follows his foster mom wherever she goes and allows all handling by the foster mom and although he has had some issues in the past we do believe once Jerry is comfortable with his owner he will be just as loyal.
Jerry should be in a home that allows him to access the outdoors safely, an apartment or condo without a yard would not be the right household for this cat. Jerry should be the only pet in the household and the home should be adult only, preferably 1 couple without children or a single person.
Currently Jerry is in foster care but is not sharing space with other cats. Jerry spends all nice days outside and sleeps indoors at night. Jerry would do best in a home where someone is home with him during most of the day so he can get his “outdoor time.” We do not leave Jerry alone or unsupervised outdoors if no one is home he goes indoors. Jerry should continue this lifestyle in his new home as we find it helps to ease Jerry’s anxiety.
. Therefore, if you have a property that is fenced and you are not located near a major roadway, he can be an indoor/outdoor cat. Jerry does not do well on a leash.
If you're interested in adopting Jerry;
1. If he is posted on petfinder.com, he is still available for adoption or may have an adoption pending. Please do not email us asking if he's available, but instead complete our online adoption application, the link is below.
2. We have very limited staff to manage the amount of adoption inquiries and individual questions we receive on all of our adoptable cats and therefore we do not respond to emails or phone calls about the cats posted unless there is an adoption application sent in first.
3. If you want to explore options about adopting a cat from us, or have questions about a cat seen online, please complete our adoption application first. We review applications on a first come, first serve basis. It may take 3-5 business days for us to respond to your application. We will not respond to your application if we have either; found an adopter, or believe your home/situation is not the best fit for the cat. Our goal is to insure the highest possibility of a successful adoption that lasts the cat's entire lifetime.
**Please be sure to check your spam or junk email folders for our response to you as many of our response emails are sent here!!
Please complete the adoption application which can be found on our website;
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- Domestic Short Hair