This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Barn Cats and Mousers Domestic Short Hair Mix Norwalk, CT
- Black & White / Tuxedo, Tabby (Tiger Striped)
- Rodent control, organic
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other cats, dogs, children, other animals. Chickens, goats, horses, cows, dogs.
- Adoption fee
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
Meet Barn Cats and Mousers
Barn Cats: Chemical Free, Non Toxic Rodent and Pest Control
If you have a barn, stable, workshop, home and garden center, feed store or warehouse, you can save the life of a cat who has nowhere else to go!
Sometimes we have cats who cannot live as house pets. Cats in our barn cat program fall into one of two categories:
• Cats who are just too independent to appreciate being cooped up in rooms or cages here at Paws
• Cats who are feral, shy or fearful of people, and who may prefer the company of other cats and animals
Please note that we do not adopt cats who are suitable to be household companions to barns, only those cats without other options.
Not just for barns!
We refer to these cats as “barn cats” because that is the most common housing option. However, there are many types of buildings that could provide a safe, happy home for one of these special cats. Perhaps you own a warehouse, a workshop, or a garage – as long as the cat(s) will be safe from vehicles and other common dangers, we are willing to consider creative locations!
You may be a homeless cat’s last chance:
Barn placement is the last chance at life for these cats. Without barn adopters, they have nowhere else to go. If you have a working barn, warehouse, or other type of safe, heated outbuilding, there are cats who need you.
Having a barn cat or cats will help keep down the rodent population. The cats will be helping you, while you provide them a safe place to live. And, because these cats are already spayed or neutered, you won’t have to worry about endless litters of kittens appearing!
What we provide:
All cats available for adoption are spayed or neutered, microchipped, and vaccinated. When you adopt a barn cat, we will go over with you how to acclimate your new cat to their new surroundings and make them feel at home. There is NO adoption fee.
What you provide:
When you adopt a barn cat, you agree to give them:
• Shelter in a barn, outbuilding, or stable
• Daily food and water—cats cannot live on mousing alone
• Long-term veterinary care, as needed (they’re neutered and vaccinated now)
• A secure place to keep them for the first 2-3 weeks, while they acclimate to their new home.
This can be a tack room or any secure indoor enclosure from which they can not escape. We can lend you an introduction cage if no secure area is available.
If you have a working barn, stable, home and garden store, warehouse, or any other safe, protected outbuilding, there are cats who need you.
Save a life—adopt a barn cat - or two - today! Submit short application at: www.pawsct.org/barn-cats
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
Barn Cats and Mousers
- Domestic Short Hair