This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Gigi Chihuahua Mix Rochester, MN
- White / Cream
- Friendly, Affectionate, Playful, Smart, Curious, Funny, Athletic, Couch potato, Loyal
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Prefers a home without
- Other dogs, children.
- Adoption fee
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
Because of her young age, SDR wanted another opinion.
In December 2023, Gigi went to the U of MN Small Animal Hospital. They evaluated Gig’s urethra with a cystoscope and that confirmed that one of her ureters was ectopic (opened in the wrong location). A laser ablation was performed to move the opening of her ureter back to the appropriate location. During the surgery it was discovered that Gigi had only one working kidney.
On January 17, 2024, Gigi had her follow up exam with the U of Mn and her surgery was deemed successful and she is not leaking anymore. She needs no medication or special treatment at this time. We want to thank all of the generous donors that helped pay for her special surgery.
Given that she only has one kidney, she is predisposed to developing chronic kidney disease and this is something that will have to be monitored moving forward to ensure that she is receiving treatment if warranted. At this time, no specific treatment is needed but we do recommend annual lab work to catch any changes to her kidney function.
SDR is looking for a special family who is committed to giving Gigi the love and vetting care that she needs to live a long and healthy life. Gigi's adopter(s) will be provided all of Gigi's vetting history.
Now, a few words from Gigi and her foster parents:
My name is Gigi, I am a Chihuahua mix and, after ten months of vet visits and surgeries, I'm looking forward to finding my loving, furever home. I think I am a pretty beautiful blonde (at least my foster Mom and Dad say so). I love attention and being petted and all the stuffed animal toys I can get - I just carry them around and whirly-wag my tail. Pretty cute if I say so myself. I am not fond of other dogs (not even my foster siblings, though I tolerate them). I like treats and chews, and a fenced in backyard to run in. I am good on a leash, too. I like to lay on the couch, in a chair, in my dog bed, or your lap. I like to ride in the car, I have gone camping in the camper, too. Loud noises and small children are scary to me, so I would like to avoid both. I am good at going potty outside or on a pee pad if I can’t get outside. My fosters say I am a really nice girl and will be a wonderful companion for the right family. I hope I can find MY right family.
The foster parents have spent a lot of time with Gigi Rose and say she will be a great pet for someone who will spend time with and love her. She has been through a lot in her short life and deserves a great family with plenty love to give her.
Gigi has been completely vetted and is ready to be adopted. The adoption fee is $350 + MN sales tax.
- You must fill out an adoption application before you are allowed to meet the animal. Please complete the adoption application located on our website: https://smalldogsminnesota.org/adoption-application/
- Small Dog Rescue of MN does not negotiate the adoption fee on our dogs and we must charge sales tax on all adoption fees in order to comply with Minnesota state law. Please note that SDR is philosophically opposed to the idea of buying and selling animals, and we support any future legislation that would remove sales tax from adoption fees. Until then, however, it must be charged.
- Please note that we do not have a shelter, and all dogs are in foster homes. Since we strive to provide the best possible care for our animals, sometimes we cannot answer emails promptly. Please allow 48 hours for us to respond to you.
- You must be 18 years of age to make an adoption request.
- A healthy pet is a happy pet! Protect your pet's health with Healthy Paws Pet Insurance and save up to 90% on your vet bills. Visit www.healthypawspetinsurance.com for your free quote (use code SmallDogRescue for a special discount) and learn how your protected pet helps save more homeless pets!
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…