East Greenwich Animal Protection League
For more comprehensive information, photos of available animals, and adoption procedures please go to our web site: www.EGAPL.org
You may also find us on Facebook, Twitter (EGAPLRI), or YouTube channel (EGAPLRI).
Who We Are
Our mission is to find suitable placement for all owner-surrendered and unclaimed stray adoptable cats and dogs after updating them on necessary vaccinations, spaying or neutering, and giving proper medical care. We are a no-kill, volunteer-run 501(c)(3) rescue.
Dogs/Puppies: Tammy at: (401) 241-4541 or email@example.com
Cats/kittens: Nancy at: (401) 465-7971 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read all information and procedures below before calling!
We hold our meetings once a month on a Thursday starting at 6:00 PM at the East Greenwich Police Station, located at 176 First Avenue, East Greenwich, RI 02818. Please check our website for specific meeting dates at egapl.org.
Adopting a friend
- Complete the Adoption Questionnaire
- Proof of home ownership (copy of mortgage statement or property tax bill) or landlord permission/copy of lease
- Veterinary records for current or most recent pets
- Adoption Agreement completed and signed.
- Adoption fee paid in full, (CASH ONLY)
- Cats being adopted MUST be taken home in a secure cat carrier. (Please supply your own.)
- Dogs being adopted MUST be wearing a collar and be leashed. (Please supply your own.)
The East Greenwich Animal Protection League has done the following for the animals in their care:
- Veterinary examination.
- For cats/kittens: tested for feline leukemia, feline AIDs, and heartworm.
For dogs/puppies: vaccinated for kennel cough and tested for lyme disease & heartworm. Heartworm treatment if needed. Monthly heartworm medication is also given.
- For all animals:
- Treatment for ears mites, parasites and other medical conditions if necessary.
- Distemper vaccines and rabies vaccine (if old enough).
- All animals over 4 - 5 months have been spayed/neutered.
- EGAPL pays to keep them boarded at East Greenwich Animal Hospital where they are under the care of a veterinarian or a veterinary technician.
Cats 1 year and older are $90.
Kittens under 1 year are $120.
Dogs over a year are $270.
Puppies under a year are $470.
All puppies/dogs have been microchipped and the cost for this is included in the adoption fee.
The fees for puppies/dogs may vary due to the age, breed, and amount of care that has been provided.
Come Visit Us!
To see our animals available for adoption please come to our OPEN HOUSE every Sunday from 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM.
We would appreciate your coming to see the animals on Sundays ONLY from 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM since there are no East Greenwich Animal Protection League volunteers at the hospital during the week. Adoptions are not on a first-come, first-serve basis but on the best match for each animal. Due to the volume of potential adopters each Sunday, please allow for time to review completed applications which might take several days.
Please see below (or visit our website) for detailed directions to East Greenwich Animal Hospital, 4302 Post Road, East Greenwich, RI 02818.
You can also map your route on our web site: www.EGAPL.org
From the northern part of RI, take I-95 S toward New York. Take exit 12A from I-95 S and merge onto RI-113 E/East Ave toward RI-5/Greenwich Avenue. Turn right onto RI-5/Greenwich Ave. and continue for 1.3 miles. Continue straight onto Post Rd. for 1.9 miles. Destination will be on the left.
From the southern part of RI, take RI-4 N. Take exit 8A to merge onto RI-401 E/Division St. and follow for 1.1 miles. Turn left onto Division St. and follow for
0.9 mi before turning left onto Post Rd. and continue for 0.7 miles. Destination will be on the right.
East Greenwich Animal Protection League
Post Office Box 184
East Greenwich, RI 02818
Web Site: http://www.EGAPL.org
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]