East Greenwich Animal Protection League
For more comprehensive information, photos of available animals, and adoption procedures please go to our web site: www.EGAPL.org
Who We Are
Our mission is to find suitable placement for all unclaimed stray and adoptable cats and dogs, after updating them on necessary shots, having them spayed/neutered and given proper medical care.
Dogs/Puppies: Tammy at: (401) 241-4541
Cats/kittens: Nancy at: (401) 465-7971
Please read all information and procedures below before calling!
We hold our meetings on the second Thursday of each month starting at 6:00 PM at the East Greenwich Police Station, located at 176 First Avenue, East Greenwich, RI 02818.
Adopting a friend
- Complete the Adoption Questionnaire
- Proof of home ownership (copy of mortgage statement or property tax bill) or landlord permission/copy of lease
- Veterinary records for current or most recent pets
- Adoption Agreement completed and signed.
- Adoption fee paid in full, (CASH ONLY)
- Cats being adopted MUST be taken home in a secure cat carrier. (Please supply your own.)
- Dogs being adopted MUST be wearing a collar and be leashed. (Please supply your own.)
The East Greenwich Animal Protection League has done the following for the animals in their care:
- Veterinary examination.
- For cats/kittens: tested for feline leukemia, feline AIDs, and heartworm.
For dogs/puppies: vaccinated for kennel cough and tested for lyme disease & heartworm. Heartworm treatment if needed. Monthly heartworm medication is also given.
- For all animals:
- Treatment for ears mites, parasites and other medical conditions if necessary.
- Distemper vaccines and rabies vaccine (if old enough).
- All animals over 5-6 months have been spayed/neutered.
- EGAPL pays to keep them boarded at Greenwich Bay Animal Hospital where they are under the care of a veterinarian or a veterinary technician.
Cats 1 year and older are $90.
Kittens under 1 year are $150.
For all kittens that have not completed their series of vaccines and have not been spayed/neutered we require an additional $150 refundable upon proof of completion.
Dogs over a year are $270.
Puppies under a year are $470.
All puppies/dogs have been microchipped and the cost for this is included in the adoption fee.
The fees for puppies/dogs may vary due to the age, breed, and amount of care that has been provided.
Come Visit Us!
To see our animals available for adoption please come to our OPEN HOUSE every Sunday from 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM.
We would appreciate your coming to see the animals on Sundays ONLY from 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM since there are no East Greenwich Animal Protection League volunteers at the hospital during the week.
Please see below (or visit our website) for detailed directions to Greenwich Bay Animal Hospital, 5732 Post Road, East Greenwich, RI.
You can also map your route on our web site: www.EGAPL.org
From the Northern part of RI, take I-95 S towards New York. Bear left onto RI-4 at Exit 9 and go South for 2.4 miles. Take Exit 7A for RI-402/Frenchtown Rd. Follow signs for RI-402 E and merge onto RI-402 E/Frenchtown Rd. Continue on Frenchtown Rd for 1.3 miles. At the third stoplight bear left onto Post Rd, US-1 and go North for 0.4 miles to 5732 Post Road (destination will be on the right).
From the Southern part of RI,take RI-4 N for 6 miles. Take the RI-2 Exit (Exit 6), towards East Greenwich. Turn left onto South County Trail/RI-2 N for 1 mile. Turn right onto Frenchtown Rd. and go East for 1.4 miles. Bear left and go North for 200 feet. Turn left on Post Rd., US-1 and go North for 0.4 miles to 5732 Post Rd (destination will be on the right).
From the Western part of RI, get on RI-2 Quaker Lane going South. Turn left onto Division St./RI-401. Go 1.6 miles. Turn slightly right onto First Avenue. Go 0.9 mile. Turn right onto Main Street/US1/Post Road. Go 1.3 miles and 5732 Post Road will be on the left.
East Greenwich Animal Protection League
Post Office Box 184
East Greenwich, RI 02818
Web Site: http://www.EGAPL.org
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]