Top 10 Puppies Making 'Adopt Me' Faces of 2013
Fri, Dec 27
Who can resist an “Adopt Me” face? Here are 10 puppies whose faces tugged at Petfinder Foundation heartstrings. Which pup makes you want to bring him or her home?
1. Bella was rescued when one of our staff members found her and her siblings wandering in the desert. She was fostered in our office through In the Arms of Angels Rescue of Tucson, Ariz., and this face won over the first potential adopter who crossed her path! (Read Bella’s story.)
2. Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter of East Hanover, N.J., rescued Frenchie, the very pregnant mother of these Pit Bull mix puppies, right before she was going to be euthanized. Now these puppies are making too many “Adopt Me” faces for us to handle. (Read the story of Frenchie and her puppies.)
3. Wyndall was just 8 weeks old when he was abandoned with a deep puncture wound and a broken jaw. The Last Resort rescue in West Millford, N.J., rushed him to the animal hospital, where he made a full recovery — with a slight grinding noise when he eats the only reminder of his past mistreatment. (Read all about Wyndall.)
4. These puppies were rescued from a South Carolina drainpipe, where they’d been surviving by eating animal carcasses. They were taken in by Stokes County Humane Society in Danbury, S.C., where they charmed everyone with their adorable faces and dispositions. (Read the puppies’ rescue story.)
5. Capital Area Humane Society in Lansing, Mich., took in Bailey (below) and her sister Shirley from a shelter in Arkansas. With a face like this, it’s no wonder she found a home just days after she was spayed and vaccinated. (Read Bailey’s story.)
6. Blue Mountain Humane Society of Walla Walla, Wash., took in eight Pit Bull mix puppies and their mom from a town where the breed is banned. Their “Adopt Me” faces were so effective, they found homes before they even left foster care. (Read their story.)
7. A bath at Pocatella Animal Shelter in Pocatella, Idaho, made this pup even more lovable and huggable — and with that face, this puppy didn’t have to wait long to go home. (Read this puppy’s story.)
8. Golden Retriever-mix puppies Wren, Gia, Cinnamon, Drake, Romeo, Bella, Ace, Nutmeg and Dozer were born in Kentucky and then transported to Retrieve a Golden of Minnesota in Minnetonka, Minn. Just try to resist them! (Read their rescue story.)
9. Adorable (below left) and her brother Imp charmed us instantly, and we weren’t the only ones. Soon after they were surrendered to the Humane Society of Elmore County in Wetumpka, Ala., they were scooped up by loving adopters who were thrilled with these sweet and healthy puppies. (Read Adorable and Imp’s story.)
10. Zeus was 10 weeks old when he came to Start Over Rover in Hastings, Neb., wearing a T-shirt and a diaper. His back legs were deformed and he had constant diarrhea. His family had gotten him for free from a breeder, and realized they could not care for his special needs. Zeus was quickly adopted and had one leg amputated the following week. He likely has more surgeries ahead of him, as his gastrointestinal tract is not quite right, but he remains a happy, playful boy. (Read Zeus’ whole story.)
To celebrate our tenth year of helping homeless pets, all week we’ll be sharing our favorite Success Stories from 2013. Check back tomorrow for another Top 10, and thank you for helping us save lives since 2003!