Companion Connection was formed to assist in the rehoming of companion animals into homes fully committed to lifetime care. We find the best match between the needs of the animals and the adopters by carefully screening applications which includes meet and greet sessions, veterinary references, home visits as well as periodic checks.
We are an Elgin-based rescue group that strives to help reduce the number of loving companion animals that die each day in local shelters due to lack of space and lack of a suitable home. We strive to improve the lives of abused, abandoned and neglected companion animals.
Companion Connection is committed to ensuring humane care and treatment of all animals, protecting the public health and welfare of the citizens of Bastrop County, through education and enforcement of State laws and local orders and showing respect and compassion to all. We promote spay and neuter programs as well as the Trap-Neuter-Return program as the only humane methods of effectively reducing the dog and cat populations.
Our adoption process is simple, yet designed to ensure a good fit for both the cat and the potential pet parent.
While you know you are a good person and will provide a safe environment, we don’t know you and our cats depend on us for their safety. Please be understanding.
• Complete the Adoption Application and return to Companion Connection via eMail (VillageRescue@gmail.com), fax (512-285-5614) or snail mail (PO Box 875, Elgin, TX 78621-0875)
• Companion Connection conducts two reference checks – one personal (NON RELATED) and one veterinary
• Once approved, Companion Connection will contact the Potential pet parent and set up a time to deliver the cat. Home visits are part of the process and will be conducted – no exceptions.
• Upon delivery, the contract will be signed and the adoption fee collected.
• Adoption fees are held seven (7) days during the acclimation period to ensure a proper fit for both you and your new companion.
Note: All our cats are microchipped and current on vaccinations. And they have been combo-tested for FIV/FeLeuk. Cats by contract are indoor only (as this is coyote country) and may not be declawed.