The Stevens-Swan Humane Society of Oneida County (SSHS) is committed to the prevention of cruelty, abuse and neglect of animals through our animal adoption center, to make possible a better world for all animals by providing shelter, educating the community about humane care and treatment of pets, advocating animals welfare and promoting the human animal bond. We take in stray, homeless and abused animals and strive to place them in loving, caring homes. The SSHS relies heavily on donations, memberships, foundations and corporations who also have a commitment to the health, well-being and socialization of our community citizens and their animals.
Applications must be submitted in person after you meet the animal.
TO BE CONSIDERED TO ADOPT A PET, YOU MUST:
• BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE
• HAVE VERIFIABLE PHOTO IDENTIFICATION – Benefit Card, Work ID or Student ID not accepted.
• UNDERSTAND THAT STEVENS-SWAN HUMANE SOCIETY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DENY THE ADOPTION AT THEIR DISCRETION
• NOT DISPLAY SIGNS OF INTOXICATION
• WE DO NOT ADOPT TO HOMES WITH RESIDENTS THAT HAVE A VIOLENT CRIMINAL RECORD