To lead the community in the humane treatment of animals.
Things You Need To Do & Know
Follow Our Adoption Procedures to Bring Your Companion Home.
Visit our shelters. We can help you find the “purr-fect” pet. Our staff and volunteers can help you identify an animal(s) that fits your home and lifestyle. When you’re ready to meet with the selected animal(s), a staff member or approved volunteer are the only ones authorized to remove animals from their cages.
Complete an adoption application. We want to know all about you! After all, we get attached to our animals, too, and want to make sure they’re going to a loving home. After making an adoption decision, please provide the front desk receptionist with a name, cage number or description of the animal and complete an adoption application. Staff members or volunteers are available to assist you.
1. We’ll work with you to ensure that it’s a win-win situation for you and the animal you select. Potential adopters will meet with an adoption counselor to ensure a good fit for the adopter’s home environment and lifestyle.
2. To be sure you’re really ready to adopt a pet, potential adopters must show a photo ID and be 21 years of age and up.
3. We know how exciting it can be to adopt a pet, so animals may be available to take home the day you visit. Please note, however same-day adoptions are not guaranteed. We promise to proceed with adoptions as soon as possible.
4. After adoption is approved, we can only hold animals for 24 hours. We need to make room for the next group of pets who need a place to stay while they wait for their forever home.
5. We take adoption very seriously, so Humane Indiana reserves the right to deny any application.
day hours Monday 11am-4pm (closed 1st Monday of the month) Tuesday 11am-6:30pm Wednesday 11am-5pm Thursday 11am-6:30pm Friday 11am-5pm Saturday 11am-5pm Sunday 11am-4pm