Everything you need to help your
new pet adoption last a lifetime.
Tackling Pet Problems
We asked adoption groups why pets are surrendered to them. The results:
*Source: Petfinder FurKeeps Member Survey 2009
Having Trouble? Here’s Help
Check out our tips for finding pet-friendly housing before you look for a new home. Once you find a place, check out these tips for moving with pets.
- Pet Behavioral Issues
Here’s help with some of the most common problems. For more, check out our Dog Training Articles and Cat Training Articles and other helpful pet training resources.
The costs of owning a pet can vary. Before you adopt, check out our charts, Estimated Annual Dog Care Costs and Estimated Annual Cat Care Costs. If you’ve already adopted, we’ve got tips for pet parents on a budget and where you can find low-cost spay/neuter programs.
- Pet Health
Pet insurance can prepare you for unexpected pet-health problems. Visit our Pet Health section for tips on keeping your pet healthy and information about:
- Pet Aggression
Understanding the different types of aggression and their causes can be the first step to solving the problem.
Petfinder’s FurKeeps Services
Is Your Microchipped Pet Protected?
You may know that your pet is microchipped … but not much more. If your pet gets lost (as one in three pets will), it’s critical that your contact information associated with the microchip be up-to-date.
To give your pet the best chance of being returned to you, Petfinder recommends you register your pet’s microchip in the HomeAgain Pet Recovery Database.
For just $17.99, your pet will have lifetime microchip registration and a one-year HomeAgain membership with these benefits:
- A permanent listing with FREE, unlimited updates for the rest of your pet’s life, even if you never renew your enrollment!
- Free, unlimited access to the ASPCA’s emergency medical hotline — which would otherwise cost $65 a call!
- A nationwide network of more than 600,000 people on the lookout for lost pets. As soon as you report your pet missing, HomeAgain will instantly send lost pet alert e-mails and faxes to area animal shelters, vet clinics and volunteer PetRescuers.
- HomeAgain’s trained lost-pet specialists available 24/7 to help you until your pet is recovered.
- Up to $500 in travel assistance if your pet is found far from home.
Learn more about the benefits of HomeAgain membership.
Learn more about HomeAgain.
Learn more about how microchipping works.
Register your chip with HomeAgain now.
Petfinder partner ThunderShirt offers a proven solution for many types of anxiety, including noise, crate, travel, stranger and separation anxieties. Over 85% of ThunderShirt users report significant improvement in anxiety symptoms. Click here to learn more and purchase.
You can also purchase discounted ThunderShirts for your favorite adoption group. Help support your favorite shelter or rescue and click the banner below.
For more help with cat and dog behavior problems, check out our Dog Training Articles and Cat Training Articles.