This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
- Great Dane
- Great Dane
- Cincinnati, OH
- Extra Large
- Black , White / Cream
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs, children.
- Adoption fee
IF YOU SEE ME HERE, I AM AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION. PLEASE READ MY BIO BELOW TO LEARN MORE ABOUT ME AND HOW TO APPLY TO ADOPT :)
Meet WRENN:: Born 02/17/18, 20 pounds at 8 weeks old, Female Great Dane.
Available for adoption!
Wrenn is part of the W puppies litter, 8 Great Dane puppies, 4 girls and 4 boys, born February 17, 2018.
PLEASE READ ALL DETAILS THOROUGHLY BEFORE APPLYING TO ADOPT.
Females: Wrenn, Willa (adopted), Wednesday, and Whimsy
Males: Waldo (adopted), Warrick, Ward (adopted), and William Wallace (adopted).
These little sweethearts were born in one of our foster homes after we rescued their moms from a kill shelter where a Great Dane breeder dumped them after they were of no use to him anymore. His reason was that they did not produce enough puppies to be profitable anymore—swell guy, right?! Some of you may remember us rescuing the moms, Winter and Ayda Azul, December 28, 2017. We decided that we could not risk spaying them until we knew for sure if they were pregnant or not since the breeder said that they lived penned up in a barn with his male Great Danes. Three weeks after we rescued them, both Danes were confirmed via ultrasound to be pregnant.
Sadly, Ayda Azul miscarried her whole litter. However, since she was lactating, our vet recommended we transfer half of Winter’s litter to her to nurse so that Winter wouldn’t have such a hard time caring for all of them after being bred so many times already. All 8 puppies are healthy and happy and ready to find their forever homes!
Winter and Ayda Azul will be available for adoption in a couple weeks when they are able to be spayed. Winter, their mom, weighs 140 lbs, we do not know how big the dad was.
IMPORTANT-PLEASE READ BELOW FOR ADOPTION REQUIREMENTS:
1. A fenced yard of appropriate height (4 feet or higher) is REQUIRED to adopt. No exceptions. Please include photos of your fence in the section provided in the adoption application.
2. Adopters MUST live within a one-hour radius of Anderson Township in Cincinnati, OH.
3. Adopters must have current or previous experience with Great Danes and/or Mastiff breed dogs. If you have never raised a Great Dane from puppyhood, please research how to properly feed Great Dane puppies for optimal health and growth.
4. In addition to our primary adoption contract, adopters will also be required to sign a separate contract that states they will not alter the dog’s appearance with ear cropping, tail docking, dew claw removal, etc.
5. The second contract also requires that the puppies will be brought back to our thrift store location by appointment to receive the remainder of their puppy vaccines at 12 and 16 weeks of age (on 05/12/18 and on 06/09/18 for DALPP and Bordatella vaccines).
6. You will also be required to bring the puppy to our vet at no later than 9 months of age (on or before November 17, 2018) to be spayed or neutered, and that they will not produce any litters of puppies either intentionally or by accident. Our goal is to ensure that these giant breed puppies are able to physically mature before sterilization, without risking pregnancy. If you have any issues with this, please do not apply.
If you cannot abide by the stipulations in these contracts, or if you do not meet the minimum requirements, please do not apply.
Permanent guardianship of these puppies is contingent on your compliance with these 2 contracts and PPAR will reserve the right to confiscate the puppy and retain the adoption fee if the anything in either of these contracts is breached.
Along with these minimum requirements, a thoroughly completed application will be assessed to find the best homes possible for these puppies.
A copy of our primary adoption contract/commitment form can be viewed on our website under the Adoption Center tab. The second contract witl be presented and signed along with the primary contract at the time of adoption.
All puppies will receive their first round of vaccines (DAPP) on 04/14/18 and will be microchipped. They will have 3 rounds of Strongid dewormer, given at 4, 6, and 8 weeks of age. They have all been started on heartworm and flea prevention (Revolution) at 6 weeks of age. Adopters will be required to continue heartworm and flea prevention year round after adoption, as well as regular vaccinations, heartworm testing, check-ups, and any other veterinary care, routine or non-routine, that they may need. Please keep in mind that these are giant breed puppies and with giant dogs comes much larger vet bills.
All of the dewormings, preventatives, vaccines, spays/neuters, and lifetime membership microchip mentioned here that PPAR provides, are included in their $350 adoption fee.
ADOPTION APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR PEPPERMINT PIG ANIMAL RESCUE:
To complete our easy online adoption application, please visit our website at PeppermintPigAnimalRescue.org.
Before completing the application, read our ADOPTION PROCESS on our website.
All adoption information and applications can be found under the ADOPTION CENTER tab.
Once your application is submitted, you will be redirected to a confirmation page on our website. This is your confirmation that we received your application. Please read the page thoroughly so you will know what to expect next in our adoption process.
Adoption events are held every Saturday in our thrift store from 1:00 to 4:00pm. Please complete your adoption application in advance so our volunteers have time to screen and contact potential adopters.
IMPORTANT: All applications are reviewed in the order they are received and qualifications are based on best fit for each individual pet. A volunteer will contact you if you are selected for a meet with adoptable pet. Final approval is always made in person.
Peppermint Pig Animal Rescue is a no-kill rescue. Please consider sponsoring a pet or donating to our cause. Click the DONATE tab on our website to learn more about how you can help. THANK YOU !
For questions or inquiries on our adoptable pets, please feel free to contact our volunteer rescue team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask About Wrenn
- Great Dane
- Extra Large
Peppermint Pig Animal Rescue and Peppermint Pig Thrift & Gift
Have an account?