This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Vinny Pit Bull Terrier Mix Kansas City, KS
- White / Cream , Yellow / Tan / Blond / Fawn
- sweet, goofy, loves toys and fetches, very food motivated, was mistreated and can be a bit shy at first but treats are the way to his heart
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs.
- Prefers a home without
- Cats, children.
- Adoption fee
Date of birth: 12/2014
8/17/2020: Vinny is an adorable Pit Bull mix. He is 5 years old and weighs 77 lbs. He's sweet, silly and affectionate. He loves treats and dog toys, and he’s a clown when he’s playing with a toy!
• He loves to play fetch and run around in the yard. A fenced yard would be ideal, otherwise we think he’d do okay in a home where he got lots of walks and toys to play with.
• He’s a strong guy so needs someone who can handle his strength on walks.
• Vinny was mistreated in the past. He was scared and had a lot of wounds when he first came to us, including an ear that was horribly torn up and needed surgery. He’s still a little sensitive about his ear.
• Vinny can be a little head shy at times if you reach for his head, or if someone waves their hand while talking he’ll flinch.
• He loves treats, tho, and he does well meeting new people especially if they have a tasty snack to offer him! Obedience classes would be fun for him since he loves treats, and boost his confidence.
• Vinny needs a home without kids or cats.
• He gets along with many other dogs, and loves to play in the yard with other dogs. If you have a dog we’d ask you to make an appointment to bring your dog in to meet Vinny to see if they could be buddies.
• Vinny keeps his kennel clean and he’s not very vocal. He has been neutered, vaccinated, microchipped and tested for heartworms. He’s a super sweet and silly guy who’s been thru a lot and deserves a loving home.
MORE ON ADOPTING OUR DOGS...
> COVID-19 UPDATE: PLEASE SUBMIT AN ONLINE ADOPTION APPLICATION AND A MEMBER OF OUR ADOPTIONS TEAM WILL REACH OUT TO YOU. Please visit our web site at HSGKC.ORG for an adoption application, our current COVID-19 adoption protocol, and other adoption info.
> If you decide you'd like to adopt one of the pets you meet, we reserve the pet for you but we generally don't send the pet home with you that day. We’ll instead schedule a pick up date and time that’s convenient for you.
> Our goal is to send you home with a healthy pet and any information and support you may need to help your new pet adjust to his or her new home. All of our dogs & puppies have been spayed or neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, dewormed, treated for fleas & ticks, tested for heartworms (7 mo. and over), and are on monthly heartworm preventative. Puppies who are too young to receive all the necessary puppy boosters and/or first rabies shot may be brought back to us for those vaccines at no extra charge. You will also receive a leash, collar, coupons for pet supplies and services, toys, and educational materials. And we'll give your dog a bath before he or she goes home!
> Please note that we prefer and may require a fenced yard for many of our dogs. Exceptions are made on an individual basis depending on the dog's needs, the person's dog experience, the dog's and person's activity levels, home environment and other factors.
Thank you for searching for a shelter pet!
Dog Adoption Contact Info:
Phone: 913.596.1000 ext. 113
Ask About Vinny
- Pit Bull Terrier
- White / Cream
Please note that The Humane Society of Greater Kansas City is not able to answer inquiries via email through Petfinder at this time.
You may call them with your inquiry at: (913) 596-1000
You may also find more information about the organization on their homepage: https://www.petfinder.com/member/us/ks/kansas-city/the-humane-society-of-greater-kansas-city-ks10/